Law School Employment Outcomes

Dave Hoffman

1. Awesome analysis – thanks!

2. I may well be misreading the chart, but isn’t Michigan’s top employment state New York?

3. Dave Hoffman says:

WB

NUTS! You are right. I will fix the post.

4. CK says:

The chart is a bit misleading. The title “Jobs in state per state’s graduates” makes the reader think that the numbers for each state are not percentages. That is, on first glance I exclaimed “there is no way that there are over 100 jobs for each graduate in NV.” In actuality, the number is a percentage, but your chart (or at least its title) doesn’t reflect that. The bottom nugget does, but why not just change the title to include the word “percent”?

5. Dave Hoffman says:

CK
    Yes, that’s a good observation. The title was an artifact. I’ve made the change. But “Percent” isn’t helpful. I tried something more intuitive.

6. Jimbino says:

This article is schizophrenic regarding whether “data” be singular or plural.

7. Dave Hoffman says:

Jimbino.

Thanks – excellent comment!

8. Former Chicagoan says:

Interesting post, but I’ve got another correction (if I’m reading the spreadsheet right). Looks like Notre Dame sends the largest number of grads to Illinois, not Indiana where it is located.

9. Anne Roberts says:

Well, the chart’s a bit of messy, but I still think it is a huge help. Thanks for this one!

10. Given these data, I assume that for most law students, job seeking begins at home.