Problems Accessing SSRN?

Dave Hoffman

1. Bobby Chesney says:

It’s not just Chrome and Firefox. I’ve noticed the exact same thing on IE during that same period. I now routinely interrupt the script after opening an ssrn page, which otherwise seems to get stuck in a loop and prevents any of the links from operating. Thanks for flagging the issue.

2. anon says:

I have had the same problem. Unrelatedly, I can’t open papers on my Android phone.

3. Frank says:

Same problem here…just hangs and crashes the browser window it’s in.

4. Steve says:

I haven’t had this problem, and I’m using AdBlock Plus in Firefox 10.0. I have been to the SSRN site often in the last six months, with no issues. If you think it is AdBlock, couldn’t you just add an exception to AdBlock for SSRN?

5. Dave Hoffman says:

Steve – I did. And Ad Block still hangs up when loading. I’d disable Ad Block, but that would be throwing out the baby. I’d rather lose SSRN than gain pop ups.

6. Mississippi Slim says:

Yes, this has been happening to me for some time on both IE and Firefox. IE hangs and has to be killed. On FF I simply have to click the prompt to stop the looping script.

7. SSRN says:

Hi Dave,
    We are currently working with Google and looking into this. If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact us at support@ssrn.com, thanks!

8. Derek Bambauer says:

Routinely hangs on Chrome. I usually have to kill the process. Unhappy.

9. In Google Chrome, if you open the SSRN page up in an Incognito window, it works just fine.

10. Miriam Cherry says:

I tried calling about these problems two months ago… But SSRN still has problems and routinely crashes my computer.

11. dave hoffman says:

Thanks to all – especially Josh. Incognito SSRN works great! What does that mean about the cause of the problem — it’s something about how they are tracking cookies, I imagine?

To SSRN: have you considered dropping your googleads revenue stream until the site works?