Which Yale College Has Produced the Most Law Professors?

Dave Hoffman

Dave Hoffman is a James E. Beasley Professor of Law at Temple Law School. He specializes in law and psychology, contracts, and quantitative analysis of civil procedure. He currently teaches contracts, civil procedure, corporations, and law and economics.

1. Dave Hoffman says:

FWIW, two people have already written in making claims for Berkeley. But it’s not obvious that they are even a college, split as they are in half and consequently riven by discord.

2. Michael Heise says:

I take it from the tenor of your post (and response (1)), Dave, that you view JE’s “production” as a positive. I can only shudder at the thought of a college meeting where, say, the selection of wine (red v. white) — along with other weighty issues of the day — were up for debate/discussion in a college utterly teeming with future law profs.

3. Dave Hoffman says:

As I recall, the issue we discussed at the relevant meeting was whether we could use our student activity funds to buy a life-size model of han solo frozen in carbonite. There were many,many, future lawyers in the room. Fewer profs.

4. Marin Levy says:

This is the most insightful and brilliant post that I have ever read. And I am not biased in the least!

5. Bruce Boyden says:

University of Arkansas for the win!

6. Spoil Sport says:

“Use of information or communications available through the Yale University Online Alumni Community for any commercial, public, or political purposes is strictly prohibited.”

7. Dave Hoffman says:

Spoil Sport.

Boo!!

I’ll think about it over night and decide a course tomorrow!

But I’ll keep my name up proudly. I’m JE ’98 and I don’t care who knows it! Berkeley College has nothing on us.

8. Scott Boone says:

I just hope you guys got your Han Solo frozen in carbonate replica!

9. Scott Boone says:

err, carbonite. Should’ve clicked “preview”