Music to Grade Exams By (Favorite Songs of 2009)

1. Anon Prof says:

I like Pandora for this–put in one song I like, get back lots that are similar. Anyway, Pandora provided my favorite song so far this year for grading, which is some song by 50 Cent (I think) that has the lyric in it, “There ain’t no business like ho business.” (Remaining anonymous for obvious reasons.)

2. Ashby Jones says:

Great songs.

Few more, in that vein:

Snow Days, Real Estate
    So Bored, Wavves
    Wet Hair, Japandroids
    Red Tide, Neko Case
    My Cabal, School of Seven Bells

3. Joseph Slater says:

Thanks for the fun links! I’m working on my “personal faves of 2009″ list right now, so I’ll give you this dozen, in no particular order (sorry, no links):

You Never Know — Wilco

4. Marc Blitz says:

Attack in Black — Young Leaves

Arbouretum — Mohammed’s Hex and Bounty

Devon Davis — Turtle and the Flightless Bird

Booda Velvets — Everything Under the Sun
    (No YouTube Video)

I enthusiastically second Joseph Slater’s Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker recommendation and your own Super Furry Animals recommendation. Anything by those bands is worth listening to.

I think some of these pre-date 2009 by a year or two. But I didn’t know about them until this year.

5. Joseph Slater says:

To follow up on Marc Blitz’s comment, Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker is my favorite new band find of the past couple of years, they have lots of great songs, and their CDs are very much worth owning. Now off to check out Marc’s pics. . . .

6. Alex Kreit says:

Thanks all for the great songs! I’ve only had the chance to check out a few so far, but have been enjoying them all–especially the Japandroids, Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker tracks.

7. Joseph Slater says:

If you’re enjoying USS, make sure you get “Hollow Point Sniper Hyperbole.”