FreeCreditReport.com Spoof Song

1. Don says:

the commercials are hilarious although the service is not free and they get you with monthly payments. They always have a funny angle though.

2. A says:

The FTC went after Experian for this a couple of years ago. I guess it’s time to try again, or at least look into how or why companies can use the word “free” to advertise a fee-based product, as long as the fee is properly disclosed.

3. Boyd says:

Esperian really is slime. Another angle they have developed is to phone businesses with telemarketing calls. It really is them as the caller ID does indeed show their phone number as listed on their web site. They called me every day (didn’t answer after the first time) insisting that they are “just verifying your business information”. When pressed the caller admitted that what they are really doing is collecting your information for telemarketing lists that they can sell. Like I said – slime.

4. Anon E. Moose says:

The commercials are nonsense. Catchy jingle, perhaps, but nonsense nonetheless.

In one the protagonist has to take a job as a waiter in a heavily themed restaurant because of a bad credit report – aside, what’s wrong with that? I know that some employers use credit checks as part of the screening process, but if INCORRECT information tips the balance against you, there were other problems to begin with. As noted, problems suach as INCORRECT information are of the CRA’s making, not the individual’s. If the information is correct, then the service can’t help.

In another, the protagonist buys an undesirable car because of being denied for a loan due to INCORRECT information. Has this ever happened in the history of mankind? “I’m sorry sir, you don’t qualify to borrow the money necessary to buy the car you want because of negative credit information.” The response should be – WTF?!? not ‘OK, then just put me in that old overpriced beater instead. Can I get my first three tows for free?’

I can hardly beleive I spent this much time complaining about it.

5. ATREV says:

damn i agree with daniel, free credit report .com is a scam and it should be shut down, all it is is catchy jingles and funny lines that put the name of the company into you head, which is a very effective form of subliminal messageing

it should be shut down for at least wasteing peoples time, but it can’t be and won’t be…

6. Deeper Voice says: