Funniest Law Firm Names

1. John Steele says:

The way I always heard it, the beauty of Low Ball & Lynch was that they did some insurance defense work. Another perfectly named firm, since renamed, was the slip-and-fall firm, Walkup & Downing.

2. I have always liked the You Me law firm

3. aperiodeperiod says:

The prominent New Jersey law firm currently known as Gibbons, Del Deo, Dolan, Griffinger & Vecchione (or just Gibbons) was formerly known as: Crummy Del Deo Dolan, Griffinger & Vecchione (or the Crummy firm).

Yikes.

4. anon says:

Fitzpatrick, Lenz & Bubba. Near Allentown, PA. We always thought Bubba was the collections guy.

5. David Grogan says:

See Green v. Reed Constr., 91 So. 2d 634 (Fla. 1957) for the Miami law firm of Ruff & Ready.

6. Rick Goheen says:

My favorite has always been the firm of Craig, Kelley and Faultless. (Personal injury, of course. They have a billboard on I-74 near their Batesville, Indiana office.)

7. Paul says:

Argue & Phibbs, in Sligo, Ireland. Sadly they changed the name about 15 years ago.

8. HDP says:

“Harness Dickey & Pierce” is cool because it’s a complete sentence… for some poor fellow named Dickey

9. Sean O'Hara says:

Stammer, McKnight, Barnum & Bailey.

10. Ed says:

Payne & Fears LLP (www.paynefears.com), headquartered in Irvine, CA with branch offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas.

11. Loya says:

LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, a/k/a “Old Beef, Mutton, Salad, and a side of fries.”

12. Eric Ruff says:

I see someone post the lawfirm name “Ruff & Ready.” The “Ruff” was my grandfather, Wallace Ruff and the “Ready” was Thomas Ready. The law firm name was in the Sunday newspaper edition of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not twice in the Miami Herald. At the time my grandfather practiced, it was illegal for attorneys to advertise. As a result, fresh law school grads hanging out their shingles actively sought partners based upon their law names as a form of legal advertising. My grandfather named some other firmsl, but the only other name I remember was “Hunter & Lyon.”

Cheers.

13. Oliver says:

Saw your blog in The Lawyer (a UK legal profession paper) and thought I’d share with you that there’s a firm over here called “Wright Hassall”. Doesn’t suggest they are keen to embrace the Law Society’s drive to improve client service standards and approachability, does it?

14. J says:

My vote goes for Altheimer & Gray in Chicago.

15. Rosie says:

I always thought Dickstein Shapiro was funny. Not as good as these, but I giggle like a 10 yr old boy when I hear ‘Dickstein.’

16. DB says:

Mine & Young, India

17. Gusty says:

Argue and Phibbs definitely does still exist. The firm’s on Teeling Street, Sligo.

18. susi kovach says:

lieghback & wackett

19. Lola says:

Sills Cummis & Gross, lol. They had fake money one year for a casino christmas party and when you fold the bill a certain way it said, Sills Cum is Gross. So crude yet so hysterical.

20. I’m a paralegal and always chuckle when I drive past “Young & White LLP” on Frederick Street in Omaha, Nebraska 68124. It’d be nice to see it here!

21. Amanda says:

Loose-Brown, how may we direct you?