Introducing Drexel University College of Law: Drivers Wanted

1. Matt says:

But do Co-Op readers get preferential treatment in hiring?

2. Matt says:

Just out of curiosity, has Dexel also increased its liberal arts offerings? As recently as 4 or 5 years ago they were dismal- a joint dept. of history, polic sci, and philosophy, for example, w/ about 5 professors total. There’ nothing wrong with focusing on engineering, of coure, and I don’t suppose it much matters to the law school, at least not directly, but if it wants to be a comprehensive university it will have (or have had) drastically increased its liberal arts offerings. (It might well be better off with a more narrow focus, though.)

3. Dan Filler says:

Matt, there has been a broader resurgence at Drexel. History and politics have been a joint major until this year, but they are splitting. Between the two, there are roughly 16 people tenured or on tenure track. I’m particularly pleased to note that Rose Corrigan will be joining the history and poltics department from John Jay. She’s just published a great article on Megan’s Law (“Making Meaning of Megan’s Law”) in the May 2006 issue of Law and Social Inquiry. She joins some other top-notch junior profs like Kali Gross whose book “Colored Amazons: Crime, Violence, and Black Women in the City of Brotherly Love, 1880-1910″ was just published by Duke Press and Richardson Dilworth whose book “The Urban Origins of Suburban Autonomy” was published by Harvard in 2005.

4. Matt says:

Sounds good. I walk by the future law school nearly every day and am happy to see it come together.

5. Anupam says:

Best wishes, Dan!

6. Abidoye Olurotimi says:

im very happy that DREXEL UNIVERSITY has started LAW,i dreamt about attending the school and starting LAW there.I wish you could send a copy of the addmition form for me to fill.im also into sports.I play basketball and socerr,not by the way but proffessional in NIGERIA.i finished my first degree in NIGERIA.so please send me the form.i believe i will be a blessing to the school.Thank you so much and GOD BLESS

7. Timur says:

My pre-law advisor typically suggests against non-accredited law schools. However, in this case, I understand that Drexel is on its way to getting accredited. I don’t have any doubt in my mind that the law school will achieve this task, but I am curious as to what drawbacks exist when potentially entering a non-accredited institute. Can you please elaborate on the potential negatives that may exist? Thank you.